Tuesdays & Wednesdays now block-booked for the 2019-2020 school year. Other dates still available.
Book now to avoid disappointment!
Skills with Frills Education Ltd. provides a unique service to schools within Yorkshire, offering wellbeing-based supply cover, created and delivered by our super-duper teacher, Jo Steer. In essence, we offer upgraded PSHE/SEAL lessons, built on a foundation of Mindfulness, CBT, Growth Mindset, Yoga and Wellbeing strategies overall, to infants, juniors and secondary schools.
Learning Experiences are delivered in a number of different ways, depending on the requirements of the school itself. For example:
- One-off workshops in mindfulness, yoga or other topics i.e. pre-exam anxiety workshops, self-esteem workshops etc.
- A unit of wellbeing/mindfulness sessions, perhaps over the course of a term, delivered to a class in lieu of cover lessons from a supply teacher or HLTA.
- Weekly wellbeing sessions, rotated around different classes within a school.
- Small group intervention, including children with particular anxieties and needs.
- Learning Experience Days: one-off days, covering a range of themes, often taught as an alternative to a standard supply cover during teacher absence.
No matter what the package, of where it’s delivered, the aim is always the same: to leave students with knowledge, understanding and practical strategies which will enable them to better their own wellbeing (or reduce distress) long after our sessions are complete. Click here if you’re like to know more about what’s happening in schools.
If you’re a parent, hoping to learn more about our work with individual children through mindfulness/CBT coaching, see here. Perhaps you’re a fully-grown adult, looking to share mindfulness approaches with friends, group-members or employees. Find out more about current workshops/training options here.
Click here if you’d just like to know more about Jo or perhaps instead have a gander through her articles in TES (Times Educational Supplement). If you’re interested in teaching and learning, specifically linked to wellbeing and life-skills, check out the Skills with Frills Blog and feel free to help yourself to any of our free resources. Want more still? See Jo’s sister site, Anxious.Ambition.com, for frequent blog posts specifically relating to anxiety, wellbeing and happiness.
And whether you’re ready to book or just itching to ask a question, simply get in touch and we’ll make it happen.
There’s never a dull moment here – but we enjoy every one!